Saturday, June 24, 2017

Father's Day '17

Danny flew to Portland Oregon yesterday and will be there until the middle of next week. He's presenting at a biology conference and is representing UVU. He's no longer a student but he still continues to volunteer his time to research there. I'm proud of him and his commitment to his studies and our family. This post is about how lucky our family is to have him as a part of it. Last Sunday was Father's Day and I couldn't help but feel blessed that he's the father to our kids. Father's Day started off with me sleeping in. That's right, me. I was the one who slept in. Hudson hasn't slept well at all for quite some time now so after being up with him all night I got a message from Danny telling me to go to bed while he stays up with our son. When I told him no that I wasn't going to let him do that especially since it was Father's Day he replied with 'exactly it's my day so let me be a father'. He could've used Father's Day as a day to treat himself to sleep which would have been completely acceptable but instead he said 'let me be a father...'. Danny is an amazing father and the smiles that he gets from our kids lets me know that they seem to agree with me. 
At this point Addie was more interested in the rocks instead of more pictures.
I've decided that I'm going to start a new tradition for Father's Day. Instead of trying to figure out the perfect gift for him every year for this holiday I've decided that I'm going to keep it simple. Every year he will receive a dad shirt from me. I got him a silly shirt for his first Father's Day and I went back to that idea for this year. He'll still get gifts from Addie and Hudson of course but as they get older the gifts will be whatever they decide for him.

2015 gift
This year's gift.
Danny I hope you're enjoying Portland but we can't wait to have you back here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment