Friday, November 25, 2016

Nesting

I started nesting around week thirty of this pregnancy and Danny was really good about getting some projects done for me during his spare time. He doesn't have much spare time to begin with which is why I'm especially grateful for him. I'm not sure how soon we'll move the baby into the bedroom with Addie, but at least it's all ready for when it happens. The last thing we have to do is set up the new monitor we'll be ordering and hang up some pictures on the wall once we take them but other than that I feel completely nested. 

Danny's dad built a dresser and toddler bed for Danny a long time ago and both of those things were passed on to us. Dave had painted the furniture blue, red, green and yellow but Danny transformed them into white and yellow to better fit in the nursery. It took Addie a little while to accept her new bed but now she loves it. Danny even let her help him paint the bed which she liked doing. I love the dresser because of how spacious the drawers are and I think it's cool that it once belonged to Danny as a kid. Baby boy (Hudson) has all his newborn clothes washed and waiting in there for several weeks now and Addie's stuff fits perfectly with room to spare.
Before and After
Before and After
Before and After
My favorite part: Addie and Hudson 💜💙
Here's a before picture of the dresser before it was painted white and yellow. Danny replaced the handles on it as well and you can see part of the toddler bed frame in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment