Thursday, August 13, 2015

According to Him. According to Her.

Danny and I have almost been married for two years now! I still can't believe how much has happened in the past two years. Something that I've learned about myself recently is that I love weddings. I think it's because I get so excited for the new bride and groom and the adventure that they are about to start. Addie is taking her nap right now so I started looking through our wedding pictures and I came across a picture that showed one of the center pieces that we had on our reception tables. I couldn't help but laugh at the description that Danny and I came up with for each other. It makes me curious to know what we would write about each other now after being married for two years. Hmm but then again maybe I don't want to know. :)


These center pieces were double sided and had these words on them . . .


THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT HIM According to HER

Danny was born two months after Gina and loves to remind her about it. Danny is the world’s only Cleveland Browns fan and is not scared to admit it. He can always be cheered up with a plate of brownies. He has the voice of an angel and the moves like Michael Jackson. Tears only fall from Danny’s face if he’s watching a Glee episode. Danny’s pet peeve is when people text and drive. Danny learned how to be a hard worker while growing up on a farm and working at his family’s restaurants. Danny loves anything that has to do with water (fishing, boating, swimming, wakeboarding etc). Someone who has strongly impacted Danny’s life was Alex Burton and one day I will thank him for the life he had lived. Danny learned how to fluently speak Hiligaynon and learned the dialects Cebuano, Tagalog, and Samoan while serving the people of the Philippines Bacolod Mission. He is currently a student at UVU working on his generals and hopes to do something science related. Danny was shaking from head to toe when proposing to Gina from fear that she would say no.

Danny will spend the rest of his life from this day forward with his best friend (which is me – Gina Ferguson) by his side. :)

And on the other side . . .


THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT HER ACCORDING TO HIM

Heaven’s door was opened on an Easter weekend, the day Gina was born. Gina is a hater of cinnamon and being tickled (two of my favorite things).  Gina has a weird habit of neatly folding her napkins, wrappers and trash before throwing them away. She also drives an old person rocket ship, but I can’t really complain because it gets 50 MPG.  Normal people cry when they are sad, Gina cries when she is happy. Throughout Gina’s life she has gained a great love for traveling and has a collection of hotel cards to prove it.  John Stockton was her childhood hero. Gina is a red sweater wearing girl meaning she graduated from the U of U but will one day repent and convert to the blue side. Though the Ute fact is sad, it’s not as sad as the fact that Gina has never seen Star Wars (I’ll fix that). Gina has a love for service and after serving in the Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission she volunteered at a refugee resettlement center and is now a crisis counselor. Gina was once a dating queen, until I came in the scene (those 10 other guys had nothing on me). Even though throughout dating Gina avoided marriage talk like the plague I knew she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me (who wouldn’t?).

Gina will get to spend eternity with her best friend which would make me (Danny Ferguson) the luckiest man alive. :)

Boy were we cheesy or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment