Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter 2017

Easter this year was a really good one. Danny and I have agreed to do bunny Easter celebrations on Saturday leaving the actual day to be more focused on Christ and his life. I took the kids to the store on Friday for some last minute basket shopping which was fun and Addie even picked out stuff to go into Hudson's basket. After the kids were in bed that night I got all the baskets put together for the four of us. Addie was pretty happy the next morning when she got her basket full of goodies. Because I'm nursing Hudson I had to stay away from chocolate this year but I'm already counting down the days until I can enjoy some sweet chocolate Cadbury eggs. 
Saturday afternoon I drove to Salt Lake to join some of my siblings for an Easter egg hunt. Danny needed to go to school to study but overall we had a good time.
Addie decided she wanted to eat spaghetti right before we needed to leave. :)
Her cousin Abbie taught her she can roll herself down the hill.
Cousin Nikki
Holding his Easter bunny.
Even though Danny had to study he made sure to be home just in time for us to dye eggs. It was our first time doing it as a family and Addie definitely enjoyed it. She loved dropping the eggs in each color cup and pulling them out once she thought they were ready. 
Wearing Daddy's shirt.
Easter morning started off relaxing as we all got ready for church. We had a nice short message on Gethsemane and then we were getting ready to walk out the door when suddenly something happened. Something very stinky . . . Hudson had a major blowout. All over his new Easter outfit and all over himself. He's become quite the pro when it comes to rolling over which wasn't fun when we were trying to get him to sit still as we were cleaning him up. Needless to say we did not make it to our sacrament meeting. The only way to clean up his mess was to throw him in the tub for a washing. Luckily he had a cute backup Easter outfit that he was able to wear and we made it for the second and third hour of church. I'm hoping that next week I'll be able to get better pictures of him in the outfit I intended for him to wear on Easter. 
Blurry picture.
Notice his shirt and pants. 
We ended the day at the Ferguson's with Dave, Donna, Jon and Rand's family. All of the girls were in Hawaii on a last sister trip before Jaina leaves on her mission. Once they're back we plan on doing another Easter get together with our annual family Easter egg hunt.
I'm so grateful that because of our Savior Jesus Christ I get to be with my family forever. There's no greater blessing than that.
She fell and landed perfectly in this basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment