Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day

Danny is not able to be with me this year for Mother's Day and I spent it as a solo parent. It wasn't ideal but I did get the best big hugs from my three little humans. Addie gave me one of her old toys as a gift and said I could keep it. Hudson didn't run around church like a wild monkey so that was a win, and Grant couldn't wait to hang out with me so he kept me up all night and woke up super early. Lucky me.The best thing about today though was that I was able to FaceTime Danny. He got permission from his professor and although it wasn't a long conversation it was much needed. He also preordered flowers before he left so that I could have something on this day. It was nice of him to do that. I also received a surprise visit and flowers from a good friend in our ward. It helped take some of the loneliness that I felt today. A couple weeks ago I was having a hard night thinking about the fact that I wouldn't get to celebrate Mother's Day this year so I ordered something for myself. It didn't come in time but I'm still excited to receive it. Being a parent can be hard but these three little people are my everything. 
This girl is my mini me. She thrives on Addie-Mommy time. She loves her brothers (especially Grant) but needs our along time so she can emotionally recharge. It's a good thing her brothers both nap at the same time because it's our favorite two hours of the day. She wears her emotions on her sleeve. When she's happy she's REALLY happy and when she's sad she's really sad. She feels deeply and I see it as a strength. She loves art and dancing and is currently obsessed with My Little Pony and Pokemon. Two polar things but she can talk non stop about both and does. As a little girl I always dreamed of the day I would get the mother daughter relationship with my own and she's given me exactly that. I love this spunky, emotional, passionate artsy girl.
This boy is my runner. He'd rather run than walk at all times. He's my best eater and is always willing to try a new food. He especially loves healthy foods and will choose a salad over junk food most every time. He gives amazing tight hugs and believes that any owie can be made better with a kiss. He loves dinosaurs and cars and looks forward to going down for a nap everyday. He loves being outside and could care less what the weather is like as long as he's not inside. He's my Ferdinand. Strong and obsessed with flowers. He's the sweetest stinker I know. I love my Huddy Buddy and couldn't picture our family without him.
This bean is my biggest surprise and complete joy. His love for me is unreal. Part of it I'm sure is because I'm currently his personal food truck but there's something about our bond that runs super deep. I regret not being able to initially bond with him during my pregnancy but that has definitely been made up for. He has a lot of love to give and maybe soon he'll show more of it to others once he gets past this stranger danger phase. For now though I'm his world and that's fine by me.
As much as I love them and would do anything for them, I'm also counting down the days for my other half to come home so we can parent them together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment