Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Nauseous

Either I caught a bug or my stomach just didn't agree with something I ate both yesterday and today. For the first time in almost two years I was very nauseous. Addie was sitting next to me on the couch when all the sudden I just knew I had to run to our bathroom if I wanted to not get puke everywhere. I barely made it safely and then once I started I could not stop. The only thought running through my head while I was throwing up everything inside me was to please not have Addie witness this. I was hoping for a small break where I would be able to quickly shut the door since it was wide open in my hurry to get there in time. Just as I'm having these thoughts I feel a little hand on my back giving me the gentlest pats. I couldn't look at her or even turn my head because I was literally puking nonstop. I have no idea if she had just gotten there or if she had been there the whole time running right at my tail. Finally I'm able to gain control over my body and I turn to look at this sweet girl who is still patting my back. Up to that point she hadn't said anything but when I finally looked at her she gave me a hug and then asked "mommy owie?". Yes dear it was an owie. One I hope to not repeat for at least another two years. Feeling sick is the worst and I'm slightly embarrassed my twenty month old was there for it. This was yesterday. Unfortunately I got sick momentarily again today but this time I made sure to close the bathroom door behind me. Here's to hoping for a puke free day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment