Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Month-Aversaries

Danny and I have been celebrating our first year of marriage with month-aversaries. I’m not sure if they will continue but so far it’s been fun J
1st month-aversary (September)
We went on our first small get away to his family cabin in Heber. We stayed for the weekend and it turns out that their cabin is literally five minutes away from my family cabin. It’s cool to think that we could have spent summers within minutes of each other and we didn’t even know it. Another cool fact is that our grandparents know each other from being in the same branch. It was also the first snowfall of the season and I caught my first fish.
2nd month-aversary (October)
Have you heard of a Halloween cruise? I hadn’t before so I figured the odds were good that Danny hadn’t either. I told him I had something planned but I didn’t tell him what exactly. He came home to clothes laid out on the bed and brownies in the kitchen (the brownies helped since I also got a speeding ticket that day . . . oops). We went down the Provo River on a boat while listening to Halloween stories. It probably won’t be a new tradition since this year our baby girl will be less than a month old.
3rd month-aversary (November)
His parents bought tickets for everyone to see the new Catching Fire movie that night and I had to work a double shift at work so I decided to wake up at 2am and post 100 love notes on his office wall. I knew he would see it while I was at work but what I didn’t know was that he had a surprise of his own. I drove straight to the movie theater from work and wasn’t able to go home until after the movie. That night he had set up a tent in the living room. I loved it so much I insisted that it stay up for almost a week.
4th month-aversary (December)
Danny won us free movie tickets from a Gap contest and he was nice enough to let me choose the movie. I really wanted to see Frozen so I dragged him to that but in the end I know he loved it too.
5th month-aversary (January)
Danny had a bowling and ice cream date planned that night for the two of us but unfortunately I didn’t want to go. This was the night we found out we were pregnant so I just wanted to stay at home and be with each other. Looking back now though I should have said yes to the ice cream.
6th month-aversary (February)
My cousin Allen and his wife gave us a pretty cool picnic basket for a wedding gift and even though it was winter I still wanted to use it. I decorated our place with Christmas lights and had fried chicken and rice ready for him. I also had brownies baked for him again in case he said no to the chick flick I had picked out (brownies are his weakness and I love it).
7th month-aversary (March)
Our seventh month-aversary was cut short. We started out miniature golfing but then left early because I was starting to not feel so good. As soon as Danny got to the restaurant parking lot to get me food I got out of the car and . . . got sick . . . all over the parking lot. Once again I ruined a date that Danny had planned but it was the thought that counted and I love that he is willing to plan dates for us.
8th month-aversary (April)
I officially changed my last name from Rueckert to Ferguson and it only took me eight months to get around to it. Danny and I decided to celebrate eight months by sharing it with our friend Courtney and his cousin Jordan. Danny and Jordan’s favorite burger and shakes place is called Dairy King which is in Heber and that place does not disappoint. We then ended the night at our place playing games until they had to leave.
I got this message from him that day :)
9th month-aversary (May)
Danny had just come home from a trip to Cleveland, Ohio and one of the things that he wanted to do was go to the golf driving range. It was my first time watching him golf and surprisingly I had fun. Too bad he broke one of his clubs that day though.
10th month-aversary (June)
We had both wanted to go to the new aquarium in Draper since it opened in March and we finally made it happen. Danny is doing a biology internship there so we were able to go for free. After walking around the exhibit he took me to Rodizio Grill for amazing Brazilian food. This definitely was one of my favorite dates.
11th month-aversary (July)
Danny loves anything that has to do with water so for our month-aversary we spent the day at Utah Lake. I hadn’t gone fishing with Danny since our cabin trip so we decided it would be good to renew his fishing license and get me one as well. We might have gone a little over board because then Danny let me buy my own fishing pole and lots of little fishing supplies that I still don’t understand. My favorite part of this date was the canoe ride he had planned. Spending the day at Utah Lake in July while pregnant in the third trimester was beyond hot but I would do anything to be with him.

 Upcoming 1 year anniversary date (August)
            I’ve been to Wicked twice and Danny has never been before so I bought tickets for the show on August 22nd and then we’ll spend the night at the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake City. I seriously cannot wait. J

No comments:

Post a Comment