Thursday, June 11, 2015

Twenty Six

I meant to blog earlier this week but then life got in the way. Actually teething got in the way which meant fevers for Addie and no sleep for everyone! Until last night! Last nights sleep was so good that the past five sleepless nights were just erased. :)
 
Sunday was Danny's birthday but we've been celebrating it since last Monday June 1st and we'll continue into this weekend. One thing about Danny is that he's very good at figuring out what his gifts are ahead of time (either that or I'm just horrible at keeping secrets from him) so I decided I had to be extra sneaky this year. Danny loves looking through his amazon account and he checks it through his email, phone app, and online. I'm surprised it's not his main homepage on his laptop. Anyway he has a wish list on his account so I decided to order things from his list instead of asking what he wants. To make sure he couldn't see what I ordered I changed the login info, email account and had his app deleted. I promised him he could have the info to log in after his birthday. 

His wish list is 95% books (I married a nerd) so I picked out three books and labeled them "for school, for fun, and for spirit". I also ordered a DVD and labeled it "for scare" (it was Jaws) and a Wii game which I labeled "for joy". He was allowed to open the Wii game first because our friend Courtney and her fiancĂ© Matt came over for a Nintendo game night. Danny opened a new gift each night during his birthday week and the last gift was a surprise Cleveland Browns onesie from and for Addie (which she barely even wore before having a blowout in it, but it was still cute). The day before his actual birthday Danny wanted to go to the dinosaur museum but that didn't happen as it was also the day Addie came down with a fever. We did get out of the house though while my in laws watched her so we could go to Wingers for dinner. 
Since Danny's birthday fell on a Sunday this year we mostly spent the day at home with his side of the family. Overall it was a pretty good day. The Payson temple was dedicated and we stopped by Alex Burton's house to see his family before going back for Danny's birthday cake.

His biggest birthday gift was a Kindle Fire HD and this weekend we'll finish celebrating by watching the new Jurrasic Park movie and then eating at Tucanos. 

The thing I love most about his birthday is that he's now twenty six years old! I'm only two months older than him but now the jokes can stop since we are technically the same age. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment