Monday, January 9, 2017

Snow Day

Danny is finally back in school and work today after almost three weeks off. I was a little nervous to have him go back since his help has been so needed around here with Addie and Hudson. Even though I was nervous so far today has been amazing. Hudson slept for most of the night and Addie slept in until almost 10am and both of them are currently napping right now at the same time! Both kids are finally getting over their colds that they picked up from Christmas so some days (mostly nights) have been rough. We have mostly spent our days indoors as the little ones were trying to recover. It was also smarter to stay indoors since this whole last week has been snow storm after snow storm. We did feel a little bad for Addie though because she wanted to go play outside so bad. She's recently discovered the art of making snowmen and she loved it. Danny's whole family decided that they wanted to go sledding on Saturday and since Addie was starting to feel better Danny thought it would be fun to take her. I felt a little hesitant about it because I wanted her to go experience it for the first time but I also felt sad that I wouldn't be able to be part of her first time. There was no way we were going to take Hudson out in the cold so I chose to stay home with him. Saturday turned out to be a clear day with no storms except it was 8 degrees outside and then it got windy. Danny said Addie hated it. She went down the hill one time and that's all it took for her. Poor girl. She mostly spent her time sitting with either Marie or Jaina and watched everyone else go sledding. She did however like watching people go down the hill so it wasn't a total loss. I guess little Georgia also had a hard time enjoying herself. I think we'll try again on a warmer day with no wind chills and hopefully Addie will have a better experience.
Marie sent me this video of Addie.
Hudson and I liked our one on one time even though he slept through a majority of it. :) He did wake up at the end and got to join in a video call with my parents. It was their first time seeing him with his eyes open. Crazy to think that their first time meeting each other in person will be right before Hudson's first birthday.

* * * * *
The hardest part about having a winter baby is when they get sick. I mentioned that both kids got sick over Christmas break with colds. Normally a cold isn't a big deal but since Hudson is so young and little a cold can turn serious. We took him to the doctor's office (on New Year's Day) because he was very congested and his doctor sent him to the hospital to be tested for RSV and to also be suctioned out. It was sad and hard for me personally to have to deal with that. Fortunately the results came back that he was not positive for RSV which made my mommy heart happy. He has been sleeping great the last two nights and has been a happier baby. I was worried he would still be struggling with breathing on his blessing day but it looks like the worst of it is now behind us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment