Monday, February 13, 2017

A Love So BIG . . .

About four weeks ago I came across this picture online and thought 'hey I wonder if I can do something like that'.
When I was pregnant with Hudson I had joined a mommy group of other pregnant ladies and I thought I would start there with asking total strangers if they'd be willing to send me some notes from their location just like the picture but written to Danny. I immediately found success and from there I joined some other groups but this time on Facebook to see if I can get some more requests done. I also went to family, friends and even joined a few yard sale groups of different states. Before I knew it I was getting pictures from not only states but from countries around the world. My phone was constantly buzzing from people messaging me back and forth and sending me pictures. Since I was up in the middle of the night anyway nursing Hudson I would use that time to connect with people who were in countries such as Finland, India, and Malaysia because of our different time zones. Within a few days I had all fifty states (plus duplicates) as well as over thirty countries sent to me. I went through almost 300 index cards and three sharpies sending pictures from Utah to others who wanted the same thing done. By that weekend Danny knew I was up to something but didn't know what. I hated being sneaky with him but I was also really excited for when I would be able to finally tell show him what I was doing. Was it hard? Yes! Worth it? YES! My plan was to make a book with all of these pictures I had collected but since I knew I wouldn't have enough time to have the book finished by today (Valentine's Day) I decided to make a video. By the end I received 286 pictures of notes from around the world, I couldn't put all of them in this video because it's already long enough. I still plan on doing a book for him but for now this is what I have and I love it. Better yet, he loves it. 

Happy Valentine's Day Danny!
I love you so BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment