Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Grandparent Zoo Day

My parent's decided that they wanted to do a zoo day with all of the grandchildren. They broke it up into two different days to make it more doable since there are a lot of kids. They also asked for some parent help so I volunteered as well as Melanie. In our group we had nine of the grandkids and the ages ranged from under one years old to six years old. It was fun but would have been a lot more enjoyable if I wasn't in a state of worry for most of the time. While driving to the zoo I noticed that a yellow light turned on my dashboard but I wasn't sure what it meant. It turns out that it was a warning regarding the air pressure in one of my tires. The light originally came on when I had fifteen more minutes before arriving at the zoo. I kept driving because I felt that I was close enough to be safe. By the time I parked my tire was completely flat. There was nothing we could really do at the time so my dad suggested we try to enjoy the zoo day and then figure it out when we were done. I tried my best to enjoy all of the animals and all the kids but the thought of us being stranded at the zoo was also where my thoughts led to a lot. I was also stressed because Grant has not been great at accepting bottles and I knew he was hungry which was adding to my worries. Anyway I did hide my fears to the kids and they really enjoyed themselves. Everything turned out great in the end. My dad helped me get to a tire place and even paid for a new one so that I could get safely back home.I was very grateful for how it turned out and am glad that my kids were able to enjoy the day with their grandparents and cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment