Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Quarentined Birthday

It’s my birthday!

It’s very weird celebrating a quarantined birthday. Everywhere is closed. The restaurants are closed, recreational places are closed, even the parks and playgrounds are closed. There’s not much to do at all, but that’s okay. It’s not every year you get to celebrate your birthday amidst a worldwide plague. We also woke up today to a freak blizzard and by the evening all evidence of that was gone and it was feeling very warm so we enjoyed ourselves in the backyard today. Danny did really good about celebrating me this year and started giving me gifts last week. He said it was the start of my birthday week and he didn’t want to wait longer for me to open my big gift. He got me my own iPad which I didn’t think I needed it but now I love it. I’m so glad I have my own. The next day he gave me a keyboard to go with it and the day after that he got me some leggings. Addie picked out some Pokemon socks for me to wear that I got today along with my own black sweater since lately I’ve been sneaking Danny’s to wear. It’s been a very good birthday. Restaurants are offering curbside pickup since no one can go inside so we had some of my favorite Mexican food to eat today and I ordered myself my own flan to stand in as my birthday cake. Jill also ordered cookies and ice cream to be delivered here and we all very much loved that.
Even though it’s my birthday and we’re all hiding from the plague I count myself very lucky that I get to be surrounded by Danny and the best little humans around.
Picture of random snow from the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment