Wednesday, August 19, 2020

First Broken Bone

And the first break in the family goes to Hudson Boy. We really thought the first one to put us through this emotional rollercoaster ride would have been none other than Grant, because that boy is a crazy fearless one but we're grateful that this tough kid is going to be just fine. Hudson fell down the stairs last night and right away Danny could sense something was wrong. I was on my way to the store and had just pulled into the parking lot when I got the call from Danny. I didn't even park the car and instead drove straight back home. Since I'm pregnant I'm not able to be next to Hudson getting x rays so I asked if Danny would feel comfortable taking him to the ER instead. He agreed and took Hudson while I put the other two kids to bed. Then I waited for the news I knew was coming. He broke his collarbone. I didn't get to see the x ray but Danny informed me that he had a good crack in it. Thankfully he did not have any bones pop out which will really help with the healing process. He'll be sporting a sling for the next 6-8 weeks for his collarbone and will be receiving all the hugs in the world (mostly because he can't really push them away). We love you Huddy Buddy, you're one tough kid.
Picture of him being happy this morning before medication wore off and he was in pain.
 Some pictures from last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment