Saturday, September 4, 2021

Splash Summit

Today was a fun day. Addie and Hudson were invited to Georgia's friend birthday party held at Splash Summit Waterpark. The kids were so excited to go. Initially it was just Addie who was invited but after one kid dropped out a ticket became available for Hudson. Danny stayed home with Grant and the babies while I went as an extra adult to help Jill. I'm not sure how much help I actually provided at the beginning because Hudson was so nervous once we got there. We started out at the lazy river and he clung onto my neck the whole time. He was so terrified that I was going to drop him. We then went to the wave pool and he was still scared. Addie on the other hand was doing so well. She's become so confident in the water and it's so fun to watch her. We definitely need to get the three older kids in swim lessons soon. I think Addie could catch on real quick. She still uses floaties but she's become a little fish with them on. She gives me hope for Hudson because I remember her being just as terrified as he was today.

 

I had one moment of fear today and that was when Addie decided she wanted to go down one of the giant slides with Mike and some of the other little girls. I really didn't think she was going to go through with it but she did! I was so impressed by her! I feel like if I had taken her up all of those stairs that I would have eventually talked her out of it but maybe since it was Mike taking her she stayed brave. Georgia tried to back out but decided to go for it and it was so awesome that they did it. Addie ended up loving it! Georgia hated it and cried the whole way down but I was still so proud of her even if she didn't like it.

After this was when Hudson got more comfortable in the water and really started having fun. As long as he could touch the bottom he was good. The kids had so much fun today and I'm really glad I was able to be there with them.

Before we left I talked Addie into going on a double tube slide with me. She ended up not liking that ride as much haha. It was a twisty enclosed slide and so fast that she was terrified that we would flip over at each turn because the tube would go up the sides of the tube. It probably didn't help that I was screaming the whole time. I told her they were happy screams but that didn't make a difference. I thought it was so fun. There were moments though where I also thought we might flip over as well. I guess Jaina and Jackson were on the same ride a few weeks ago and they did flip over inside it. Ironically Georgia loved it! It was so funny that the ride Georgia hated was the one Addie loved and the one Addie hated was the one Georgia loved. 

I'm glad we were able to come to this part before they close on Monday. Danny made sure Grant was also able to have fun while we were gone. He took Grant and the babies to go feed ducks. Grant was so excited to tell me about it when we got back home. Tomorrow he'll be able to join us for Georgia's family party. It's going to be another water party but this time at her house. Jill is planning on water balloons and a big water bounce slide. It should be another great day. Happy Birthday Georgia!

No comments:

Post a Comment