Sunday, April 14, 2024

NASA 🚀

We got to check off something from our Texas bucketlist! NASA! 🚀 With Grandma and Grandpa here this past week we decided to take a little adventure into Houston to explore the space station. We headed out after the kids got out of school on Thursday and skipped school on Friday. I had already packed everyone's bags and was hoping we could head out right away. My plan was that if we got there early enough we could walk the boardwalk or explore a nearby pier. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing the beach. The only problem was that we didn't have a place to stay booked and everyone else wanted to get that sorted before we left the house. I had a list of very cheap options that I was ready to do but I'm glad things worked out the way that they did. We didn't go with my plan which canceled my plan for how the evening would go, but we did stay in a much nicer place that fit all of us comfortably. The house that we ended up booking was so nice. I wish we could have stayed longer. Especially because it was so close to the beach, we definitely could have spent a whole day at the beach. It would have been fun. We decided to get back for everyone's soccer games on Saturday though so it was a quick 24 hours. Every time we go to Houston I leave wanting to go back. I even told Danny that I could see us living there. Maybe I need to remind myself of how hot and humid it gets in the summer. But then again that's not a bad problem when you're close to the beach right? Anyway it was a quick trip and I'm glad we did it.

I love city skylines.
Donuts for breakfast. 👍
Rylee's Song. She sang this all morning.
Pictures from online
Now on to the space center.
'One of only eight lunar rocks in the world available to be touched by the public.'
(Rylee in green, Quinn in yellow)
We told the kids that while in Houston we can stop at the McDonald's near NASA because it's a themed one. It wasn't as cool as the themed one we went to in Roswell but it was still cool, and honestly the kids would probably say it was the highlight of their trip. Unfortunately while trying to get all the kids in the car to leave NASA Rylee got her finger stuck in the sliding van door. Poor girl cried so hard. Thankfully she was able to move it so we knew it wasn't broken. It was also nice to have Grandma Donna there with her EMT training. She was able to get her bandaged up and feeling back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment