Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Last August for our first anniversary I was given a white eternity book from Danny. Today is Mother’s Day and I was given that same book with updates. By far the best gift I’ve been given so far. On the latest page I was given a sweet note from Danny. I just have to type it up because I love it so much . . .

To Gina on Mother’s Day,
I want to share with you what I felt the first time seeing our daughter. I will never forget that day. We woke up early that morning to go to the hospital. We stayed there all day. I remember the whole time thinking how crazy it was that after nine months we would finally see our daughter. Ha I remember watching The Lost World Jurassic Park while you were going through contractions. We finally turned it off and pushed out a baby. Seeing you go through so much pain, sweat and tears was heart breaking. I was however glad you didn’t give up, even though I know you were struggling. After the struggle is when a miracle happened. Our daughter Addisyn Rae was born! When I first saw her it was a little weird because it still didn’t hit me that she was ours. Maybe because she was purple and the head was a little deformed? However when I got to hold her for the first time it was love, and I knew she was ours. I loved her face, she was so chunky and cute. I was never so happy and so scared at the same time. I was now a father. Words cannot express what I felt that day when I was able to hold our Addie in my arms for the first time. They cannot express how I feel this day seven months later when she smiles, or cries, or laughs. I love being her father. However my favorite thing about being her father is seeing you as her mother! was so scared that night when I was holding her and the doctor was cleaning you up. He kept cleaning and cleaning. I thought I would lose you and that scared me more than I have ever been scared. I’m glad we have survived this time together with our daughter. You are the best wife and mother! I love you so much. You are my world and I hope I can be as good of a father as you are a mother!
Love,
Danny
Mother’s Day 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment