Sunday, April 29, 2018

Hudson's First Haircut and Addie's Second

We finally did it. Hudson got his first haircut yesterday. It's bittersweet. It's something I knew was going to have to happen soon but now I miss his cute little curly shag. I might wait awhile before his hair gets cut again lol. I think the saddest part is that his hair no longer feels like soft baby hair. It's like the texture completely changed to toddler boy hair. Goodness he is still so cute though. Long hair or short hair that little cheeser is one of my favorites. :)

We actually tried two different times to get his hair cut. The first time was last week when we just walked in to Cookie Cutters because our previous experience in the past led us to believe that this would be the same thing where we could just be seen without scheduling an appointment. It turned out to be a super busy day and we soon realized that the hair stylists would not have time to cut his hair. His curls got to stay for another week. It secretly made me happy.
Attempt number two. This time we actually called ahead to make sure he'd get seen. He had been playing in the sun all morning so his hair was in need of some care after a hot sweaty day.
They asked if I wanted to keep a lock of his hair. I said no but that I would take a picture haha.
Poor baby boy was not a fan of his hair getting cut.
Addie caught us completely by surprise because once Hudson started his haircut Addie asked if she could get one too. I didn't think she would really want to get her hair cut but she was serious and wanted it done. Even though we didn't have a scheduled appointment for her they said it wouldn't be a problem and was able to cut her hair right away. She got right in a pink car and didn't even think twice about her decision. It had been made and she was sooo good during it. We just did a trim but I don't think Addie would have minded if her hair stylist had cut a whole lot off. She just felt so grownup. Her favorite part was the braid she got in her hair after the cut was done. I tell her all the time that she is hands down my favorite daughter. :)
She was so proud of her braid and made sure it didn't get ruined so that it would still be in her hair for church today. I wish I had gotten a picture of her in her church dress but she was out of her clothes pretty quick and I never got the chance to take one. Hudson was also so cute today in his church clothes. I tried to get a cute picture of his hair but they mostly turned out blurry and he was so ready for his nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment