Friday, April 5, 2019

Grandpa Great

{Byron Paul Ferguson Sept 24, 1930 - March 27, 2019}

Grandpa Great passed away on March 27th and had his funeral services today April 5th. He will be missed but we know that he is no longer in suffering or in pain. My favorite memory of him was from when we very first met and he found out that I was a U of U girl. With a big warm smile he told me "oh so Danny found himself a red sweater wearing girl". I loved that we lived so close to them for a good while because I never did grow up with a close grandfather relationship. My paternal grandpa died when I was two and my maternal grandfather was not in the picture. Grandpa Great was the best grandpa to marry into. He had a lot of kind moments but also truthfully a lot of grumpy moments too. Even during the grumpy moments you knew he had a lot of love inside. He was just tired and old haha. We love him and actually really considered naming Hudson after him. Grandma figured out that from Grandpa to Hudson there was exactly 100 Fergusons. At the time Hudson was the very youngest and it was cool to see Grandpa hold him as the patriarch of the whole Ferguson clan down to his 100th posterity. There's a lot more Fergusons now but Hudson holds that special spot. 

Grandpa we love you and will miss you and surely will never forget you. Especially those crystal clear eyes that I have never seen anyone else come close to. They're unique and unforgettable. 
Grandpa Great with Addie
Grandpa Great with Hudson
Grandpa Great with Grant
Pictures from today

No comments:

Post a Comment