Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Vanuatu

Danny left today for the experience of a lifetime. He's about to spend just under seven weeks (6 weeks 5 days) on the islands of Vanuatu. This all started when he was approached by Professor Jenson and asked if he'd like to go on a biology research trip with her colleague Professor Bybee. She said that we could think about it and talk it over but that she felt this would be a great thing for Danny to do. She even said that she'd pay for the trip and that this would count as an entire chapter in his PhD program which means that he could possible graduate a year sooner than planned. In his program he has five years to complete three major chapters (projects) to get his degree and he'd been stressing over what his third chapter could be. I personally was in favor of him graduating early which helped me be as supportive as I could be. He's definitely going to have an unforgettable trip and even though I'm going to miss him so much I know this would be the best thing for us in the long run. We went over the pros and cons and believe that the pros outweigh the cons in this case. As of right now we believe he won't have access to any WiFi and little to no phone signal so our contact with each other isn't looking great. It's going to be okay though. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I cannot wait to see his face again though when he comes home late on June 14th. I just hope these next seven weeks hurries up fast.
Poor kids did not handle this goodbye well and all three cried for most of the long drive home without him. We're definitely going to need some help because it's only night one and we still have seven weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment