Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Meeting My Biological Cousin

As most know I was adopted as a newborn. When I went to visit my mission I met my birth mom. It was the strangest experience of my life and honestly didn't go well. Like at all. I didn't care if I ever met them again. Word got out about me to family who didn't know I was alive. One was a cousin who reached out and after talking she realized that she knew me. Around the same time I was born she got baptized and became a convert. She saw me every week at church from when I was a newborn to my toddler and little kid years but had no idea we were blood related. She later got married and moved to Idaho. This week she came to Provo and this week we were officially introduced to each other. This experience was a lot better than my other one.
We got to know each other a little bit and I learned that she also was told I had died at childbirth. It was a real shock to her when she found out I was alive. The week she found out about me was a really lonely hard week for her as she was missing her family back home in Brazil. She's the only one living here in the states and that has been hard for her. She is an only child and only had one child with her husband Ben. The rest of her aunts, uncles and cousins are all in Brazil as well as her father and grandparents. She had prayed for comfort and shortly after found out about my story. That alone brought her peace knowing that she did have family in the states as well. She reached out to me about a year ago but we weren't able to get our paths to cross until this week. It was a good reunion and I have a feeling that we'll see each other again.

Link to when I first found out about my extended family.
Link to when I met my biological mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment