Friday, April 10, 2020

Quarantine Haircuts

It was time. Our boys were in need of haircuts. Both of them. I wasn't ready though for Grant to get his haircut. It brought me back to Hudson's very first hair cut where he lost his curls and they never grew back. I didn't want the same thing for Grant because I wasn't ready for him to look like such a big boy. The plan was for Hudson to get his hair cut and Danny was going to attempt it. With this pandemic going on all hair cut places are closed so that wasn't an option for us and Hudson's hair was getting pretty long. Danny had never cut any of our children's hair before but we figured a quarantine is a perfect time to try and learn a new skill. We sat Hudson on a chair and put on one of his favorite shows to distract him. He did amazing sitting still for it and Danny did a really good job as well for someone who has never done it before.


 
(Before & After)

In fact Danny was feeling so good about himself that he decided to cut Grant's hair as well. That was not the plan. My heart wasn't ready for it and I told him I didn't want it because I loved his little shaggy hair in the back. Danny's reply was not to worry because we wasn't going to touch the back of his hair. Grant was also not helping the case here because at this point he was begging for a cut and for him to be next. He loves doing anything his big brother does and I was trying to tell both him and Danny that we should wait. I wasn't going to win this battle because they were both being so cute. Grant with his brown puppy dog eyes and Danny with his new found confidence in his hair cutting ability. I gave him the go ahead and that's when Grant got his official new quarantine look. Danny was telling the truth when he said that he wouldn't touch the back of Grant's hair because what he cut were the sides of his head. Grant now has a mullet. I never thought my little boy would be sporting a little mullet but the funny thing is that it's only been a day but it matches his personality perfectly. This look seems to suit him. I don't know how long it will last but Grant is a pretty happy boy and Danny is a very happy man.

My handsome boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment