Wednesday, August 18, 2021

First Day of First Grade!

How do I have a first grader when I myself remember being a first grader??

She was so excited for today to finally come. Danny and I prepared ourselves for a sleepless night because we thought she'd be nervous but instead it was us up while she slept all night. She woke up early on her own and was so excited to get out the door. I asked if she was nervous as we walked this morning and she told me she was too excited to even be nervous. Out of all the days this past week the weather decided that today would be a great day for a downpour. It's expected to rain all day long but that's not going to ruin Addie's excitement. She couldn't wait to sit in her class and make new friends. I love that girl. It's only been an hour and a half down and I'm anxiously waiting the next five plus hours to fly so I can hear all about her first day!

Be kind. Be brave. Be a friend. 💜

 
Edit: She's home now and she loved her first day of school. She described it as both fantastic and amazing. I'm still trying to get more details out of her but for now she's playing with her baby sister which seems so surreal because it feels like just yesterday that she was my baby.
  
Baby Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment