Saturday, March 26, 2022

Another Year Older.

I'm 33 years old! That number feels old. I don't have anything to complain about because it's been a great birthday weekend. I guess I should say week because it started last Sunday with Danny's family. We had Dave's choice of dinner followed by three different types of dessert in honor of all the March birthdays. Cake for me, pie for Dave and brownies for Brooklyn. On Thursday, the night before my birthday, Danny and I were able to go on a date. Our kids were watched by Rand and Ashley while Danny and I went out for dinner. It was nice for us to have a kid free dinner and the kids all enjoyed it because they all love going to Rand's house. My birthday was yesterday (Friday) and we started our morning going to Addie's school because her class was having an invention day. She was so excited to show us her 'Yummy Muffin Robot'. 

Danny went straight to BYU from there and I went home with our other four and relaxed at home until Addie got out of school. 

Since it was Friday it was early out day for Addie which was great because it was such a nice day. It was 70 degrees which is the warmest it has gotten this year. I took all five kids to the school playground and we were able to enjoy the sun before dinner. The sun felt amazing since we're all used to the cold air these last few weeks. We then did a nice steak dinner at home, opened some gifts and enjoyed a quick visit from Danny's parents before ending with cheesecake. His parents got me some new weights I had asked for which was really nice of them. Danny got me some new exercise shirts since I've taken over his haha. My biggest gift will come on Monday. Danny ordered me a new iPhone. He's been saying that I've needed a new phone for awhile now and finally went and bought me one himself. He knows that if he left it up to me I would never do it. I'm excited for it though. I've had the same phone for several years now with the same crack that has been there since the first week I got it. I'm excited for the camera that's on the new phone. After all the kids were asleep Danny and I bought the new Spiderman No Way Home movie and stayed up way too late watching it. 

 

The real celebration happened today. I have been wanting to go to Park City with Danny since we were newlyweds eight years ago. Today we finally made it happen. Our first stop on the way to Park City was Heber. About a month ago I had made a lunch reservation for these really cool globes that you sit inside to dine. It's only available in winter and early spring and then it gets taken down. My birthday was all booked up but it worked out better doing it today. It was our first time eating at a restaurant with all seven of us. The kids all enjoyed crepes while Danny and I enjoyed pizza. After lunch we headed to the outlet stores in Park City for clothes and shoes. Everyone was in need of new summer clothes. It was a beautiful day. The babies missed both of their naps and still did incredible! I don't know how we got so lucky with two very chill babes. It was a long day and everyone is in bed now. I hope to never forget how blessed I am with the family I have. Happy Birthday to me. 😄

Rylee
Quinn
Also little Miss Quinn is really getting confident in her walking skills and was taking four to six steps at a time this morning. I'l have to make that a separate post with the little video I got of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment