Sunday, September 4, 2022

Nursery!

Officially in nursery! If only they liked it. 💛💜

We've been trying for a few weeks now to get them used to nursery and they are not fans of it. We actually started trying back in Utah before we left and they gripped on to me the whole time. It's crazy because we have never had an issue with the first three kids as far as taking them to nursery. They never even looked back at us. It helped that Addie and Hudson both started when they were 14 months old though. Addie was there that early because Danny and I were both called to be nursery leaders so she came along for the ride. Hudson started that early because he simply made it happen. I was teaching a primary class right next door to the nursery and he would spend the whole time trying to sneak into that room that those leaders finally asked if I would be okay if he joined them. He was thrilled. He loved it so much. Grant started at 18 months old and he had zero issues with it but then Covid hit and church was cancelled for over a year so I guess it didn't last long for him but for that short time he did just fine. These two little girls however are a whole new ball game for us. They have huge separation anxiety and never let me or Danny our of their sight. You'd think that since there's two of them and they have each other that it would be so easy but that's not the case at all. Even with our extended family they would not let anyone else hold them. I'm hoping that I can just be a nursery leader in this new ward because I hate the idea of them crying the whole time and honestly I would love to be in there with them. Some people are surrounded by little kids all week that on Sundays they need a mental break from them but I'm the opposite. I do better when I have my kids around me. I think that's why the first day of school is always so bittersweet. I love being with my babies though. All five of them. :)


*That blue dress that Quinn is wearing is the same dress that Addie wore on her first official day in nursery. 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment