Thursday, January 19, 2023

Grant's First Field Trip

Grant's preschool class went on a field trip today! It was his first one and also the first bus ride for him. It was to a local children's museum that we have never been to. He was so excited. So was I. Danny stayed home with the twins so that I could chaperone. I loved it. I have often felt guilt that I can't always be the school mom that I've always wanted to be. Especially when Addie was little because we've always had a little toddler, baby or both at home. I feel bad because I know that the twins will get the best version of me as far as being able to volunteer goes while the older three don't. Danny knew of my feelings and volunteered to stay home so that I could go. I was not expecting that but I'm so grateful I was able to go and experience this with our little boy. I was assigned to Grant and to his little friend who happens to be the son of my friend and our neighbor. I was able to send her pictures throughout the day and she later told me how much that helped her nervous mama heart knowing her son was being watched by someone he already knows because he's been to our house several times now. I'm also glad those two were paired up together. It was a lot of fun following them around and letting them take the lead.

Grant I love you and I thoroughly enjoyed this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment