Saturday, September 16, 2023

Flag Football 🏈

It was a big day for Hudson Boy! He started his first team sport today. He's been asking to play football for months now. A part of me was hoping he would switch to soccer but only because that would help the juggling with different schedules a little easier but I'm so glad he stuck with his wishes because watching him in his first practice and game was like chocolate for my soul. It was super sweet. I loved every second of it. He was so cute. We signed him up for flag football in the i9Sports league because it's one day a week. Their games immediately follow after their practice. So today was his first time meeting his coach, team, getting his jersey shirt, flags, practice and then first game. It was a lot of fun. I'm so happy we were all able to be there. Addie's game was early this morning and didn't conflict with Hudson's schedule so he was able to have both parents and all four of his siblings on the sidelines cheering him on. On his first run ever with the ball he ran the wrong way. He was inches from scoring for the other team when he heard everyone telling him he was going the wrong way so he turned around just in time and then continued running down the entire field. His flag was pulled right before the touchdown zone. He was so proud of himself. We all were. I've watched the video of his first run at least twenty times and my favorite part was his smile at the end as he's getting a high five from his best friend. I'm also glad he has his friend on his team. After we had signed Hudson up I messaged Kaysen's mom and asked if her son would be interested in playing as well. He's one of Hudson's best friends and we were both excited when he also signed up to play. In the end their team (known as the Cougars) won 19-7. It's going to be a fun season. 🏈

Also Addie would like me to add that her team also won today 4-1. They are two games in and currently undefeated. 😁⚽

No comments:

Post a Comment