Saturday, September 30, 2023

Ninth Birthday Letter to Miss Addie Rae

Dear Addie,

Happy birthday Boo. You are so loved by so many and I hope we really helped you feel that these last couple of weeks as we've celebrated you. I am so thankful for you and all that you bring to our family. We wouldn't be the same without you. I love how much effort you put into your education. I never have to ask you twice about homework because it's always the first thing you do when you get home. Your teachers are so impressed with you and your scores. There have been several times when your teachers have expressed gratitude for having a student like you in their classes. You work hard, while having fun and showing compassion towards others who might not be understanding the material being taught in class. I love hearing that about you. I don't have to worry about whether or not you are being kind to other kids and that brings me so much peace as a mom. Thank you for being who you are. Thank you for being caring, a hard worker and for trying to do the right. I love you Addie and I'm glad that we get to learn how to navigate being a mom and daughter together. As a first time parent to you I'm grateful you love me despite my mistakes. I hope you know that I love you even more. Let's continue to make this next year the best yet!

PS.
If you could just go to bed a tad earlier every night instead of reading way past even my own bedtime that would be great haha. This year Dad made a deal with you kids that he'll pay you a dollar for every chapter book you read and you definitely accepted that challenge! We might just have to get a third job to support all your reading adventures haha. I love you sweet girl. Always have and I always will.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment