Friday, June 28, 2024

Retama Park Racetracks

At 10pm last night my friend Tiffany sent me a link to an event I never would have imagined. It was a flyer for ostrich and camel racing. My reply back was "what in the world? Why do I actually really want to do this? 😆" and then within ten minutes we both bought tickets for our families to go for today. It was actually pretty fun and definitely hilarious. They had an open area and the kids were able to just run free between the races. They started with horse races which was pretty cool to see in person and experience at least once. The ostriches were the definite highlight though. It was the most random thing we've ever seen done that's for sure. I'm so glad Tiffany sent me that random text message and that we both bought tickets and went. We even lucked out with some breeze to help out with the Texas heat. Addie had a moment where she struggled though and when she gets in those moods it's kind of hard to turn it around. We decided to head home before the camel races happened which was a bummer because I'm sure that also would have been fun to watch but they weren't going to race for another hour and we'd seen enough of the horse races to last us. Plus it was already getting past bedtime but I'm glad we got to see what we got to see. 😁

Rylee
Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment