Friday, November 20, 2015

1 Peter 3:15

Yesterday I came across this verse during my personal scripture reading and it has been stuck in my head all day. Social media has been so full of negativity lately that this scripture seems so fitting. We must keep Christ as the center of our hearts so that when one asks if there's reason for hope we won't need to hesitate to answer. 
I thought it was interesting that one of the first words that Danny spoke during Addisyn's baby blessing was that she was being born into both a wicked and beautiful world. These days it's so easy to see the wicked over the beautiful. The truth is we don't really need to look that hard for the beautiful no matter how strong and suffocating the opposite might seem. I'm glad I have the gospel and my family to keep me grounded. I'd be lost without it. 

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment