Monday, February 22, 2016

Grandparent Love

I was excited to move to Orem because this place is practically just down the street from Danny's grandparents (Paul and Colleen) and I absolutely love them. We've been meaning to stop by there but something always came up so finally on Saturday we made time and decided to visit them. Unfortunately we didn't anticipate that they wouldn't be home. We decided to unbuckle Addie anyway and play around on their property. Addie loved it there which made me happy because I'm obsessed with their home and property. I love it so much I made sure Addie's first birthday party was held there. Right now Dave and Donna are keeping all their sheep at the grandparents place so it was fun for Addie to see them up close.
We left to go grocery shopping after being there awhile but stopped by again on the way home. Paul and Colleen were home the second time so we were able to visit with them. I love hearing their stories and they genuinely care about what's going on in our lives. I hope one day people will be able to feel the same peace I feel when I talk to them. It didn't take long for Addie to open up and interact with them either. Before we left Colleen sang a song to Addie from when she herself was just a small little girl. 
Danny really does have some incredible grandparents and it makes me feel honored that I get to be a part of their family legacy. I love that they are now my grandparents too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment