Thursday, February 25, 2016

One Of Those Days

Miss Addie you sure made me work for your loves today. You definitely had a rough day. I'm speaking about meltdowns after meltdowns. You screamed with each diaper change, you screamed every time your nose was wiped (it had to be wiped a lot), you screamed because you found your monkey costume in your toy bin and wanted me to put it on you, and then you screamed because I got the monkey costume on you and you decided you didn't want to wear it after all. 
Nose was running all day long.
You screamed because you wanted to go on a walk and screamed when I put a sweater on you before letting you go outside. I strapped you into the stroller, which made you scream. You hated that the sun was in your direction but then hated it when I put down the stroller umbrella to shield the sun. I decided to walk to a nearby park we've never been to. Trust me, taking you to the park was more for my sanity than it was for you. I'm sure the park was a nice break for both of us. You absolutely LOVED the park. You probably loved it too much because you screamed the entire fifteen minutes it took to walk back home. I know, because I timed it. 

She definitely threw a tantrum after this picture because she was done with her headband.
We finally got home and I just left you in your sweater to avoid another tantrum. You handed me the remote and asked "George?". Defeated I  turned it on for you even though you had already watched the Curious George movie all the way through earlier this morning. After I turned it on I looked at you and said, 'Addie I love you, do you love me?'. I wasn't expecting an answer so I'm not sure why I asked. You didn't say anything but you climbed up on my lap and then kissed my cheek. It was exactly what I needed. You sat on my lap for the next twenty minutes holding one of my hands. The night ended with plenty more meltdowns after the movie but because of our moment of peace together I had a little more patience for it than I did during the first half of today. 

Even after such an exhausting day I still find myself completely grateful for you. You fell asleep in my arms tonight and I started missing you as soon as I put you down. I can't think of any other person who could drive me beyond crazy all day and yet still leave me with a heart bursting full of love for them. Well maybe your father could get away with it. But then again if your father acted like you did today I would probably still be annoyed after he fell asleep haha. 

I love you Addie girl but fingers crossed tomorrow has more hugs and cuddles than tears and fits. 

Maybe today wouldn't have been so brutal if yesterday hadn't been such a delight. 





No comments:

Post a Comment