Friday, March 10, 2017

Daddy Daughter Date

One of my very good friends has a tradition with her dad that I've always thought to be really cool. On Valentine's Day she gets flowers from her father. She's now married with a little girl of her own and her dad has still continued to do this for her every year. Her husband has carried that tradition and gets their two year old daughter flowers on Valentine's as well. I told Danny that I think starting a tradition similar to this between him and Addie would be pretty special for both of them. Next year we'll probably start with the flowers but this year Addie went on her first daddy daughter date. It's been several weeks since they did this but it still makes my heart smile. For their evening together Danny took her to the aquarium. She was so excited for it. She didn't really know what it was when I would talk to her about it but she knew fish were involved and she was happy with that. I took her to the store and I let her pick out a new outfit just for this date. She felt so special and it was fun for me to as I got her ready for it. Addie even picked out what shoes she wanted to wear with her outfit.

I told Danny he better take lots of pictures since I wasn't going to be there haha. He did an okay job. :) Our little girl loved their date and at the end Danny bought her some new toys. She got a sea turtle, a scuba diver and three sharks to play in the bathtub. 
I was at a baby shower during their date and I took Hudson with me but we were both able to join them after their time at the aquarium for a quick bite to eat. Addie sat next to Danny so I also got a couple of pictures as they ate.
About a week after their date I was on on a video call with my sister when Addie joined us and started telling Pollyanna all about the aquarium. She told her about the fish, penguins and showed her the toy sharks she got from the date. The conversation only lasted a couple minutes but it showed me that the memories of that evening was still on Addie's mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment