Friday, March 10, 2017

A Little Bit of Sunshine

I have been going crazy being cooped up indoors lately. It's finally starting to warm up a little which I'm so looking forward to. Last week we took advantage of the fact that for the first time in months both of our kids were feeling well at the same time. Danny had a short break at school so I met him there with both kids and we got to enjoy the sun. It's a little sad that Hudson is now three months old and last week was his first time being outside (not sitting in his carseat all covered up). We didn't plan on it being this way and didn't even realize that he hadn't been outside before until that day as we were pulling him out of the carseat. Poor kid. His first three months of life have mostly consisted of him or his sister being sick. I'm not sure what he thought of the sun at first but soon liked it and Addie of course loved it. She's been such a trooper this winter and I can't wait to start taking her back to the park. We spent most of our days there together last year and I think we both miss it. 
Since most of our days are spent indoors I often find myself taking pictures of my little kids. I love them and I love pictures so it makes sense that pictures of my kids make me happy. It's also been fun recording these two. Whenever I have Hudson on the ground and I'm about to take a picture of him Addie will quickly join in. I had worries about whether or not she would like her little brother but so far there has been nothing to be worried about. She adores him. She loves giving him kisses and holding his hands. In most of the pictures that I have of them together she is either holding his hand or giving him a kiss. This is done with no instructions by me so I'll gladly snap away any pictures I can while this phase lasts because I'm sure these siblings will have moments where they won't be the best of buds in the future. That probably won't happen until Hudson can reach for Addie's toys though so maybe I have a few more months of all this sibling love. :) 
Other than us mostly being kept indoors we don't really have any other updates. Well, I guess there's one. We are now in a new ward and a new building. This is now the third ward that we've been a part of since moving here, which means that in just sixteen months we've been in three wards and in three different buildings. This change happened about a month ago and we're still adjusting. It's a sure sign of how much and fast the church is growing here which is a very good thing.

*Edit - There actually is an exciting update in the Ferguson family. Jaina received her mission call and will be serving in the Baltimore Maryland mission. She will be speaking English and reports to the MTC on May 31st. We're all very happy for her. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment