Monday, February 19, 2018

Valentine's Day 2018

This year's Valentine's Day gift to Danny was kind of thought of last minute but it turned out perfect. When I say last minute what I really mean is that I thought of it two or three days before the holiday which for me is very last minute. I'm someone who usually plans things weeks and even months in advance. For example I already know what we're dressing up as this year for Halloween and I already have things purchased for the kids's Easter baskets. Anyway I decided to go with a five senses gift idea. I got a gift to represent all five senses.
Sight: Let's just say that this was apparel for his eyes haha.
Smell: Fabulous smelling candles. Seriously they make our place smell so good.
Sound: A video recording from Addie to her daddy.
Touch: A soft white t shirt (his favorite) and I threw in some new jeans as well.
Taste: A diet coke and pizza from Dominos (his favorite drink with his favorite pizza). 

This gift was fairly inexpensive (the most costly thing was his jeans but he needed them anyway so it wasn't too bad) and it was fun to put together so I call it a win. :)

Addie had a little Valentine's Day party that morning at the church and just as I was about to leave with the kids to get to the party the doorbell rang and there was a guy delivering beautiful flowers Danny had ordered. They're still on the counter a week later. I'm kind of hoping to keep them there for a full month but we'll see how that goes. :) Along with the flowers I also got a sweet blog post written about me and our marriage over on Danny's personal blog which I loved.

An added bonus gift was finding out the next day the gender of Baby Bean. 
Addie's little video to Danny along with a blooper video of all the attempts that it took to get one good video haha.
Addie's Short Video to her Daddy
Blooper Video

I had to take this screenshot from the video of Addie's face. It looked too cute for me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment