Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Fat Lip And Lehi's Dream

I feel terrible for my little Huddy Buddy. Today I was rushing the boys into the car so we wouldn't be late picking up Addie from preschool and an accident happened. I'm not even sure how it happened exactly but I lifted Hudson into the car on Grant's side and I turned to finish buckling Grant in when the next think I knew Hudson was on the ground outside of the van. Apparently he didn't like that I had him enter on the wrong side of the van and he wanted to get in from the other side where the door is closest to his carseat. His feet must have gotten tangled when he turned to leave and landed on his face. He started screaming. There was a lot of blood and I hurried him inside so that I could clean him up. I checked his teeth which appeared fine and then cuddled him while holding a wet cloth to his lips. He's better now but seeing his poor mouth hurts my heart. He kept telling me that he had an owie and I felt bad for him. He's a tough kid though and only cried for five minutes. We barely made it in time to pick up Addie from school and then I took all three kids to the store and got them a small toy and suckers. I needed to redeem myself because I blamed me for upsetting him in the first place by putting him in the van on the wrong side. If I hadn't done that he wouldn't have tried to climb out to correct my mistake.
I did have them wait for their new little toys until the evening. We are studying The Book of Mormon this year with the Come Follow Me curriculum and this week we are reading about Lehi's Dream. Well while at the store I also bought a 50ft rope and set up an obstacle course that ran from the bedroom hallway, through the kitchen and into the living room. Their prize was found at the end of the 'iron rod' and then we finished the lesson by eating their favorite kind of cookie (pumpkin chocolate chip cookies). I probably should have chosen a fruit to depict the fruit in the vision but you can never go wrong with cookies. 😁Addie wants to reenact the lesson tomorrow night during Danny's short window in between his travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment