Sunday, July 4, 2021

4th Of July '21

This year we kept it pretty low key. It's our first year not living near the stadium for the annual 4th of July firework concert and fireworks show so we weren't really sure what to do. We mostly stayed at home especially since the kids are so young and honestly most of them are scared of fireworks. We started the morning with some Independence Day treats that I had laid out for them to find and then we just enjoyed the whole day just being together. It was nice to not feel like we couldn't go anywhere if we wanted to (because in the old neighborhood you're trapped at home that day due to traffic and crowds). We stayed home because we wanted to.

The kids most favorite part of the day was playing with the sparklers in the backyard and then we went to the front yard to watch the fireworks from a distance. The kids much preferred to watch from far away. I enjoy their ages for now but I also can't wait to fully enjoy all of the 4th of July. I look forward to the early morning parade and watching the fireworks while laying on some blankets right under them. When that time comes I will whole heartedly embrace it but for now it's nice to have some quiet days. They're rare and needed. I love my family and I love this holiday.

The kids were in bed long before any real firework shows started popping through the night and all five of them slept through it. Danny and I watched a little bit before putting a movie on for ourselves. I did also go down memory lane and looked at pictures from years past. I can't believe how much we've grown in such a short amount of time. I'll say it again. I seriously love all of these people I get to call mine.

2015
(This picture technically wasn't on the 4th of July but it looks like it could be)
2016
2017
2018
2019
2020

No comments:

Post a Comment