Thursday, March 9, 2023

School Fun Run

The kids seem to have a fundraiser every month (might be an exaggeration) at their school and it's hard to keep up with them all. Today was the end of a really fun one though. To end it they had a Fun Run where they ran laps for money by people who pledged. I was able to go and watch the three of them run and it was so cute. My favorite might have been Grant's class but only because of how huge that shirt was on him. It looked like it was more of a dress than a shirt and I couldn't keep my eyes off that sweet boy. He ran the whole time which was impressive because it was so hot and humid. I felt bad for any of the kids running in jeans because of how sticky the air felt but it was nice to be outside and watching the kids all have fun. 

Grant and Noah

Ms. Poole with Joseph, Grant, Noah and Ariah

Ms. Harris with Ariah, Joseph, Destiny, Noah and Grant

Grant and Rylynn

Grant's run was first thing this morning and since he has afternoon preschool he was able to spend that time that was after the run but before his class started by going to his best friend's house to kill the time. He was so excited. His best friend is actually the son of my best friend so it was also helpful to have somewhere for him to go and play while I stayed with the twins to watch Addie and Hudson both have their runs. Thankfully it was at the same time for those two. They had the kinder classes run on one lap with the second graders run on a different lap to the side of them. Both Addie and Hudson were so proud of themselves for completing every lap. There are numbers on the back of their shirts and with the completion of each lap a volunteer marks off one of the numbers with a check mark. They ran until they had each number checked off. I loved watching them work so hard and I loved watching them with their friends. I might be bias but I can't get over how cute they all are. I didn't get any pictures of Hudson running because there were too many kids in the way and I couldn't cross the tracks once they started running. I was also with the twins in the stroller but I was able to watch him from where I was despite not being able to get some pictures. I took some pictures of him and his friends and sent them to the moms of them all who couldn't be there to watch.

Addie and her best friend Alee
Hudson and Emri
Hudson and Hudson S.
Hudson, Kaysen, Hudson, Cason
In Hudson's kinder class there are two Hudsons and two Casons (just spelled differently) and the four of them hang out together. It's pretty funny. 

And of course I need to mention these two good sports who were so great and patient the whole time.

Danny was gone today because a co worker of his got married and he went to the wedding which was a couple of hours away. He won't be home until late tonight so we ended up having dinner at Noah's house. His mom Jeanne heard we were home alone tonight so she invited us over for dinner. There was a moment where I heard Grant calling my name so I went in the bathroom where I found him stuck and hanging on the drawer door. I quickly took a picture before helping him haha. I'm just glad he didn't break it. It's late now and Danny should be home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment