Monday, October 2, 2023

Swimming Thoughts

I just needed to share some thoughts on the kids and swimming. These pictures are from Addie's birthday when I took the kids swimming that evening. 

I'm still in awe at how far these kids have gone. Addie is never in floaties anymore and feels so comfortable in the water. I'm so proud of her; and the boys just blow my mind at how far they've come. We've taken full advantage of the neighborhood pool and it shows with how much they've all improved. I'm sure I've mentioned this already but at the beginning of the summer neither of the boys were swimmers. Hudson would even cry if water splashed on him and now he's fully jumping into the deep end of the pool all on his own. No floaties. He's doing amazing. He still plugs his nose but he's even starting to do that less and less once he's in the water. It's pretty to cool to watch this kid who barely even got in the water when we did swim lessons in Utah to now fully dunking himself as deep as he can because he likes to swim to the surface. It's awesome. HE is awesome. 

Grant is fearless. He always has been. Maybe seeing Grant jump in and out of the water with no fear helped Hudson boost up his own confidence I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if that helped. I have to tell Grant to put floaties on sometimes because he's not scared of anything haha. There have been a couple of times when my attention would be turned for a second on one of the twins and Grant has jumped into the deep water without a care if an adult was watching or not. I now feel confortable with his ability to swim to the side when he jumps in so that has been great. If Grant was just a little taller then he'd be able to reach the bottom but he can't so the entire pool is like a deep ended pool for him. He keeps me on my toes that's for sure. I'm so proud of him too though. He's so close to being called a full blown swimmer. 

Now I just need to work on these two goobers. We've never had toddlers so exposed to water as much as these girls are and it's so fun how much they love the pool. Next summer I'm definitely going to be working on their swimming skills. I can't wait.

Rylee was in such a silly mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment