Tuesday, October 24, 2023

"Are You So Proud of Me?"

A couple of months ago while I was out having a girl's night Grant learned how to ride a bike. We've been so busy lately that we haven't really gotten all the bikes out in awhile and I haven't been able to watch Grant show me his new skill. He was a little nervous because he had been several weeks since he first learned how and he was afraid that he'd forgotten. He's also small so getting off the bike is a little scary for him. We need to do some adjusting to get the bike more on his size level but I was excited to see him get on it tonight. Danny regrets that this first time wasn't filmed because that memory for him is priceless. He said that once Grant realized he was riding with no help his eyes got so big with pure excitement and he started shouting "I'm doing it!" over and over. I wish I was there for that moment but this was also pretty special. He needed help stopping tonight but Grant Beans 'you're doing it'. I love you so much. In the video he asks "are you so proud of me?" Yes buddy, we sure are. Even if you couldn't ride a bike we still would be.

Quinn then begged for a turn. In her mind if Grant can do it then she can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment