Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Birthday Lunches - New Tradition?

Addie really wanted me to have lunch with her at school for her birthday. She also wanted this to happen last year but with Grant's preschool schedule it conflicted with her lunch hours and add in the twins and me not knowing anyone out here at the time I just couldn't make it happen for her. This year I'm excited to start a new tradition where we do have birthday lunches. Last September we had only been here a month and we were still getting to know the area and make friends with our neighbors and this year I feel so comfortable and confident in finding help with the twins so that I can have one on one with the others. It felt really cool to realize that. Addie was also really excited that we were going to make this happen. I picked up Wendy's for us and even some for the twins before I dropped them off at my friend Jeanne's house. Addie loved that I was at her school and that we were able to do this just us two girls. I didn't realize that her lunch hours overlap the boys by a little bit. She starts her lunch near the end of Grant's lunch hour and ends her lunch soon after Hudson shows up for his. So I was able to see the boys two separate times. This got them excited for their turns too. Hudson is next in just two months and since Grant has a summer birthday I have decided to do his for my birthday every March. I'm glad Addie pushed for this. It was a really nice time and something I'm hoping to do for each kid moving forward. Happy birthday Addie Rae.

Addie I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment