Saturday, October 20, 2018

DIY Jurassic Park Car

Making our Jurassic Park vehicle was much simpler than I thought it would be. I had been on the lookout for a little cozy coupe car I could do a makeover on and Jill pulled through for me. Her father in law had an old beat up one that was just sitting in his yard and I was happy to take it off his hands. The steps were so easy and I want to document them here in case we want to do a re-makeover in the future. :)

1. With a screwdriver we took the roof off. We didn't completely disassemble the car as we left the door and wheel on.
2. We put a bag over all four wheels and the steering wheel to keep them their original black color.
3. We used Krylon spray paint from the hardware store. We used yellow, green and a purple blue color however we later realized while watching the movie that we should have used a maroon color instead of the blue.
4. We did several coats until we were happy with the color.
5. Once dried we put the roof back on and added a Jurassic Park sticker that I ordered off of Amazon. Easy Peasy.

Addie got distracted and started catching grasshoppers. Gross. Cute girl though.

No comments:

Post a Comment