Monday, December 17, 2018

Cleveland Browns Bucket List Game

I'm feeling a little bummed that we recently missed an incredible opportunity. I want to say it's a once in a lifetime opportunity because I don't know if we'll get another chance like this. Danny and I have always talked about going to a Cleveland Browns game and during our five years of marriage they have never come out this way. Mike and Jill have connections with tickets to watch the Denver Broncos football team so when they heard that Cleveland was going to be playing in Denver they told us we could have the tickets to that game. I was beyond excited! Everything about this game seemed to be perfect. We were offered free tickets, free place to stay (Mike's aunt), free babysitting (Jill and Jaina), and the game was on a Saturday! What are the odds of a Saturday NFL game? It was just too good to pass up. All we had to do was get to Colorado, which I love road trips so to me that was an added bonus. However, we had to decline the offer in the end. We thought that Danny would be done with his finals before the game.We believed his last final would be on Friday and then we would get on the road as soon as he was back home. However just days before we realized that his last final was actually taking place on Monday (today). Two days after the game. I was so sad. I really wanted to go but I knew Danny needed the time to study. This game with all the conditions was just too perfect. Danny says that we'll go next time Cleveland comes to Denver but like I said previously this was their first time in our marriage that they have come to Denver so who knows when the next time will be. And when they do come back who's to say that it will be another Saturday game? Jill has assured me that they will give us the tickets when they come back again in the future and I just hope I don't have to wait another five years before they do.
The good thing though that makes me feel a little bit better is that Danny used the time to study and got 100% on his final today. So I guess staying home was worth it. Maybe. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment