Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Moving Up

Well we moved again. It wasn't something we knew we were going to do but when the opportunity opened up we knew we wanted to make the jump. The person who lived on the top floor suddenly moved out and it only took one look at the place for us to want it. Truthfully we weren't happy downstairs. We always said that we liked it just enough. Was it enough for us to stay the five years that Danny would be in school? Probably not. I will say though that I really loved having four bedrooms. Each kid had their own rooms and it was awesome. All of their toys fit in their own personal space and it was the highlight of the place. I am glad we lived there but I'm really excited for this next stage in our renting phase of life. This is a place that we can picture raising our three children in for the next five years at least. I couldn't picture Addie as a nine year old in our space downstairs. I don't know how to explain it but the space just wasn't there. The only downgrade of being upstairs is that we do lose our fourth bedroom. The bedrooms are also much smaller so we also lose the space for all their toys. Right now we're still trying to figure out where to put their toys but for right now we're making it work. I also have to say that I LOVE our new kitchen. It's such an upgrade from any of our previous places. As much as I love our kitchen (which I really do) I have to add that the windows and high ceilings have to be my favorite. In every place that Danny and I have lived we have not had a lot of light. Which is normal with basement apartments but it was starting to take a toll on me mentally. Our new place has such huge windows and it brings in so much light. I'm not sure how hot our summers will be from the exposure but I'm willing to handle it for the gorgeous view I now get to live with.
Our new kitchen
I love this view
I love this view more.
 Some pictures of our old place. I miss these spacious bedrooms.
(I don't miss how dark these rooms were though).
Addie's old bedroom.
Hudson's old bedroom.
Grant's old bedroom. He never actually slept a night in here though.

No comments:

Post a Comment