Friday, October 4, 2019

Pumpkin Patch Train Ride

I saw an ad online about a brand new pumpkin patch train ride and within ten minutes of seeing the ad I had already bought tickets for us to go. The attraction wasn't for another month but I was pretty excited for it. I invited Jill and Ashley as well but only Jill and Georgia were able to make it because of school schedules. The Heber Valley Railroad does a Christmas Polar Express train ride every year and it had always been something I had wanted to try with the kids but it's so expensive, so when I saw that this was the first year they were doing a Halloween themed ride I didn't want to hesitate. The prices weren't nearly half as expensive as the Polar Express and I figured that as the years go by the price would go higher and more people will hear about it. So we went on the second day that it opened in hopes that it wouldn't be as crowded before more word got out about it. I'm really glad that we did it and when we did it. It was not super busy, we got the experience of the train ride without the cold snow and now we know that the train ride is actually pretty short and the views from the ride isn't exciting at all which makes me glad we didn't pay the winter prices. Will we go on the train again and make this a tradition? No. Honestly not. But did I enjoy it? Yes. Just not enough to make it a yearly tradition. :) The kids also really loved it. They got to wear costumes, dance on the train and eat lots of snacks that I brought. The tickets also included access to a little maze and a haunted train section the kids walked through as well as a free pumpkin from their pumpkin patch. 
Georgia came dressed as Elsa and Jill was hoping that Addie would wear her Anna costume but I had already planned their outfits from the moment I bought the tickets. Everyone knows how much I love Halloween and obsess over this holiday season so I definitely was excited to make this new experience extra special. I got them all Toy Story themed pajamas and surprised them with it the day of the train ride. The kids loved it. Especially Addie. She kept pretending her string on her back was being pulled and thought it was so funny. The plan was to also watch the new Toy Story 4 movie but I had the dates wrong and the movie actually comes out five days after our train ride. We'll still have to do a little Toy Story movie night in their outfits sometime. Anyway, we all enjoyed our time and we're glad we at least did it once. I do wish the actual ride was a little cooler but the kids thought it was perfect and that's what matters. I was also very pleased that their outfits doubled as their pajamas for the night which made getting ready for bedtime so much easier since the hard part of getting them dressed was already done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment