Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day 2022

I asked Danny for a full week straight if he wanted any special breakfast for Father's Day and his answer was cereal. Lame. But that's what he got. The kids all seemed to enjoy it so I guess his choice was great for them. Danny opened some handcrafted gifts from the kids this morning and then he got the running shorts he had been wanting from me. 

We took our annual Father's Day picture of him surrounded by the kids plus Margo. Adding the chicken this year was actually Danny's idea and the kids loved it. My favorite picture might actually be the one where Addie is covering her eyes from the sun and the twins are trying to break free. It's hilarious and one that I think will bring a smile for years to come. Every year I set my phone background screen to the Father's Day picture of the year and I'm really loving this year's. They all look so good in their different shades of blues. 

After church and naps we headed to Bicentennial Park near our home and explored the boardwalk trail again. We really like this hidden gem. It was such a nice day to just get out and enjoy each other. Tomorrow we'll be seeing my dad at our family reunion and Danny's family wasn't doing anything special for today so he made sure to give his dad a call. We were able to celebrate today spending it how Danny liked. Dragonflies and nature walks. It was great.

We ended the night trying to create our own Kolaches and they actually turned out really really good. We'll definitely have to do it again soon. It's now super late into the night. The kids are in bed and bags are almost packed for our trip starting tomorrow. It's been an amazing day and the start to an amazing week ahead of us. I can't wait. Happy Father's Day Daniel George!

No comments:

Post a Comment