Monday, June 13, 2022

Final Dissertation Defense

This day was huge for Danny and our family! Danny and I were both nervous and excited for today. He didn't get much sleep last night and both of our emotions were high. Danny's final dissertation defense was today and he did amazing! I was so proud of him. I got a sitter to come and stay with the baby monitor at our house while both babies slept and the other three played at a friend's house. Luckily the babies slept until the very end which was great because I was nervous for them and the sitter since I was here when the babies went to sleep and I knew they'd be confused to wake up to someone other than me and have me no where near. Luckily everything turned out great. I was able to arrive early for Danny's presentation and we said a quick little prayer in the hall before entering the room. I was so nervous but like I said he did amazing. His timing worked out perfectly and he was able to handle the questions asked to him quite well. It was a good thing they gave him a big room because it was full of people there supporting him. From just our family we had both sets of parents and Grandma Great. The rest of the room was filled with his friends, peers and committee. After questions were answered they sent everyone out and then it was just Danny and his committee for the next two hours. I went home, relieved the babysitter and then paced back and forth until I heard from Danny again. It was such a huge breathe of air once Danny called to tell me that he passed. He said his committee was impressed with his defense and called it his best work. I'm so proud of Dr. Daniel Ferguson! 

My Dad took 47 pictures throughout Danny's defense, here's just a few of them.

We celebrated by going out to eat at Tucanos which is one of my favorite Brazilian restaurants and we invited anyone who wanted to come. It was a pretty good turnout with the seven of us (our kids ended up loving the place), my parents, my Grandma Rueckert, Danny's parents, Grandma Great, Jill, Georgia, Max, Joey, Jon and Halle. It was raining for most of today so I didn't get to take pictures of Danny in his cap and gown so hopefully tomorrow evening I'm able to snap some with Danny on the BYU campus. I'm so incredibly happy that today turned out so well. Texas now feels very real. Congrats again Dr. Danny!

Hudson said yes to every meat offered to him. He totally did this experience right.

No comments:

Post a Comment