Saturday, April 29, 2023

Hudson and Kaysen

Hudson has made some really good friends at school. In his kindergarten class there are two Hudson's and two Cason/Kaysens and the four of them are good friends. Hudson plays the most with the other Hudson  outside of school but we just found out that his very first best friend is actually Kaysen. Apparently they've sat right next to each other all year in school and have gotten super close. One day when I had Hudson in the car with me and we were in the other Hudson's neighborhood we happen to randomly see Kaysen in his front yard. We had no idea he lived there and Hudson got soooo excited. I had to stop the car because he was basically jumping out the window to get Kaysen's attention. I was able to exchange phone numbers with his mom and ever since we've been able to finally get Hudson and Kaysen together outside of school. This was about a month or two ago and this week I got a message from Kaysen's mom with a little birthday invitation for Hudson to Kaysen's party. Hudson was so happy. He's been counting down the days for the party night to happen. I usually play volleyball on Saturday nights but when Hudson insisted on me joining them I couldn't resist. I love watching him with his friends. I was surprised to find out that Hudson was the only kid Kaysen invited. It was mostly a family party. I asked Hudson if he felt special being the only kid from school and his reply was "yeah Mom I'm his BFF". I love this kid and I love that we've moved to a really good place where he has been able to thrive and has made so many friends. It makes leaving Utah with all our old friends and close family a little easier.

This cute little girl also from the party really wanted to be in their picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment