Monday, July 15, 2024

States Count

We updated our family state map by scratching off our new states when the kids all started asking me how many they each have been to individually. I thought I'd make them their own little map of their current states. Addie's count is 19, Hudson's is 18, Grant is 16 and Rylee and Quinn both have 13. Next year we plan on crossing off some new ones for the twins when we head back to Bear Lake for our Rueckert Family reunion. We just finished a huge road trip and I'm already planning on our next states (and possibly a country) to knock off while we live here in North Dakota. I'm trying to figure out how to make this happen but I'd love to do a road trip to Chicago where we'd cross off Wisconsin, Illinois and include Indiana as well. After our recent adventure it should be easy right? 😉

And here's ours just for fun.

Our updated map.
*After completing this post I started looking at my past posts that had anything to do with trips (I'm still on a vacation high I guess) and I found this one that I posted almost a year ago exactly (July 7th, 2023). It's titled 50 States Dream and I talk about how I've had this goal ever since I was a young kid. I wrote that we had 10 states under our belt and that we most likely wouldn't be leaving the state of Texas last year but that I hoped to get one new state for 2024. Little did I know we actually would fly out to Utah within six months and that this year we would get nine new states and not just one. Funny how you never really know what will happen. Gina from a year ago would have been so excited to hear she would get to explore most of the midwest states and also surprised because the one state she thought she would cross off would be Louisiana haha. One day we're going to visit Louisiana properly. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment