Sunday, December 3, 2017

One Year Letter to Huddy D!

Dear Hudson,

Hudson you have been such a dream baby. You are my world and I cannot get enough of you. This last year has been a tough one but you have been such a pleasure through it all. You are my rock and you know exactly how to cheer me up. Thank you for being exactly what I needed.

The most frequent word used to describe you is chill. It is used by everybody. People who have known you a short time even use it. You have been so easy going and patient. At least up until lately, you have discovered that if you whine for it you'll get what you want faster haha. But for at least eleven months of your first year you have been the most chill baby I know. You hardly cried and just went with the flow.

You love people and you want to be included in everything. You're social and you give the biggest smiles freely. You love everyone and you have a favorite: me. You are definitely a mama's boy and I love it. I'm your person and you make me feel so special. I prayed so hard to get you here and was so blessed to finally get you. You are my miracle baby. At twenty weeks I saw that you were cuddled next to the umbilical cord and from that night on I prayed for your safety. I made your daddy pray for you too and I kept praying every night for a full month concerning the cord. Slowly my worries went away and out of my mind until I saw you being laid on me shortly after birth purple in the face. The cord was wrapped around your neck four times with a knot in it and I was reminded of all those nights where my prayers were specifically focused on your safety. You were surely watched over. I'm so grateful that you made it here and I'm forever indebted to our Heavenly Father for keeping you safe even after I had stopped praying and even forgot about that cord.

You have been the perfect addition to our family. You don't sleep through the night but I know that these years are limited so I'll try to embrace every moment with you that I can. Happy Birthday little man. I love you oh so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment