Sunday, September 30, 2018

Grant's Baby Blessing

Baby Bean was blessed by his daddy today! Two things happened that needs to be documented. He had two firsts happen out of all my kids. First - he is my first kid to cry during the blessing. He didn't even cry for a little bit of it, he cried through the whole prayer. From opening to closing. At least it was a soft cry. I was impressed that Danny continued on with the blessing as if Grant wasn't making any noise at all. Once the circle dispersed he was back to being his calm self. He rarely ever cries but when he does it's usually because he's hot and I can imagine that circle he was in was feeling pretty warm. The second first that happened with him that I'm quite happy about is that he is also my first kid to NOT have a diaper blowout in his blessing outfit. Both Addie and Hudson did so I was mentally prepared for it to happen again. We also did take some extra precautions today though by sizing up his diaper to a size two (which wasn't needed but we were ready anyway).

Bean we love you and the peace that you have brought into our lives.
* In his circle: Daddy, Grandpa Ferguson, Grandpa Rueckert, Uncle Sam, Jackson and the Bishopric.

No comments:

Post a Comment